can't text shortcodes

N246

Dec 29, 2016
Visit site
Does anyone know why I can't text shortcodes such as competition numbers. I think I might've posted this before but I can't think why out is and how to fix it. I've looked through the settings and app permissions but this hasn't worked.

Mr Mendelli

Dec 19, 2016
Visit site
Does anyone know why I can't text shortcodes such as competition numbers. I think I might've posted this before but I can't think why out is and how to fix it. I've looked through the settings and app permissions but this hasn't worked.
I have no idea what a "shortcode" is, could you provide an example? If you're referencing a hyperlink, then no. If that is the case, you cannot because MMS, and SMS messaging apps only support plain text.

N246

Dec 29, 2016
Visit site
I have no idea what a "shortcode" is, could you provide an example? If you're referencing a hyperlink, then no. If that is the case, you cannot because MMS, and SMS messaging apps only support plain text.

Sorry maybe shortcodes was the wrong term to use. An example would be text WIN to 84559 to enter a competition. Whenever I do the texts do not send. I get a response saying message failed.

Mr Mendelli

Dec 19, 2016
Visit site
Sorry maybe shortcodes was the wrong term to use. An example would be text WIN to 84559 to enter a competition. Whenever I do the texts do not send. I get a response saying message failed.
Sorry, I can't help with this one. I've never texted one of those competitons. And I'm not really sure what those are called...

AxlMyk

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Strange thing. I tried to send an MMS to a 5 digit number with Textra, but it kept bouncing back. I used "Messages" and it went through.
The message was a picture of a QR code to 40303 while doing a warranty setup for a monitor I bought. It was supposed to send back a text about installing Soluto for the Asurion warranty.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams