Nougat or not?

rcrew9

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
My new-to-me S7 is ready for Android 7.0, but I'm wondering just what benefit it will give me over 6.0.1? Should I wait for the bug fixes before upgrading, or just go for it?

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
I just installed yesterday with hesitation and I'm really happy with the upgrade have more customization in settings now and overall better performance, and luckily no issues so for me no bugs to work out, just go into system settings during bootup and clear system catch first

rcrew9

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
I just installed yesterday with hesitation and I'm really happy with the upgrade have more customization in settings now and overall better performance, and luckily no issues so for me no bugs to work out, just go into system settings during bootup and clear system catch first
I haven't had a Samsung since the S4. How do I do that on the S7 when the system is rebooting as part of the upgrade?

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Before you upgrade preferably or after hold the up volume, power button and home button at the same time this will restart you into system settings then using the volume button scroll to clear system cache and hit the power button to confirm then just restart

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I see no benefit to nougat for all the time it takes to install it and then have something go wrong which is typically what happens and then you have to do a factory reset and do the whole freaking thing all over again. I am not a fan of big updates and never have been

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
My wife's phone update to nougat went okay but mine looked like it went okay except for the fact that it's still thought the update had not been installed and kept nagging me constantly to do the update so I had to do a factory reset.

rcrew9

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
Well, the upgrade to 7.0 went well, and I definitely like the extra power saving options. Of course, I've had the phone for only a week, so there wasn't much that had been customized before the upgrade. I hunt in the middle of nowhere, so as long as the upgrade gives me ways to extend battery life and doesn't take away the function ality I have come to like in 6.0, I think I will be happy.

My wife's phone update to nougat went okay but mine looked like it went okay except for the fact that it's still thought the update had not been installed and kept nagging me constantly to do the update so I had to do a factory reset.

Mine wanted to do an update right after it installed as well, but it seemed to just be a small security update. Once it did that, the nagging went away.

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Well after 24hrs all is well, battery seems improved, not using any power saving features, only hickup is Samsung pay does not show on the blank screen any more but is on the lock & home screen

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Ca_lvn, that is a setting in Samsung Pay.
Yes thanks but it's not working when selected, I had it set to blank screen only and that will no longer work so I have reverted to lock screen.
I really don't use SP on my phone mostly just on my S3 watch, but still nice to have customized on the phone
13743ea0b9ce5713c9301fe6b4dd3104.jpg

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I upgraded to Nougat when it was first available for the S7 on AT&T and I'm glad I did. Everything has been working great for me, and I have noticed better battery life for my use case. All the small improvements are nice to have. FYI, after the initial upgrade I did boot up into the bootloader mode and clear the cache to start fresh.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol