The Samsung Health app no longer counts steps (Galaxy S7); it seems to coincide with the latest OS update (4/29/2017).

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling Samsung Health and warm and cold reboot of the phone.

Is anyone else having this issue? Has it been resolved?
    05-09-2017 04:43 PM
    The step counting app is not good anyway. I tried it and I would walk to the mailbox, about a block, and it would count it as 10,000 + steps and it would not understand that it should not count when driving, not just on one phone but multiple. Your best bet is to get a good fitness tracker, they are specifically made for it.
    05-10-2017 06:02 PM
    Recent updates have improved the software. I use it daily and accuracy as improved. I run with it as well. It might be off by a few hundred steps but not totally off. Try to wipe the cache and see
    05-11-2017 07:55 AM
    The step counting app is not good anyway. I tried it and I would walk to the mailbox, about a block, and it would count it as 10,000 + steps and it would not understand that it should not count when driving, not just on one phone but multiple. Your best bet is to get a good fitness tracker, they are specifically made for it.
    Your phone might be broken; it's not an inherent flaw in the Galaxy S7's sensors or Samsung Health itself. I use the app everyday and from my experience, it would take about an hour and a half of moderately paced walking to be able to get to 10,000. Unless it would take you that long to reach one block.
    05-20-2017 11:06 PM
    Your phone might be broken; it's not an inherent flaw in the Galaxy S7's sensors or Samsung Health itself. I use the app everyday and from my experience, it would take about an hour and a half of moderately paced walking to be able to get to 10,000. Unless it would take you that long to reach one block.
    I decided to turn it back on after reading the last post and it is very different. I still don't think it's super accurate but close enough.
    Last time I used it I drove about 600 miles and it added them as steps looked great on my challenge though, 1.2 million steps.

They need a scanner for food.
    05-20-2017 11:13 PM
    I decided to turn it back on after reading the last post and it is very different. I still don't think it's super accurate but close enough.
    Last time I used it I drove about 600 miles and it added them as steps looked great on my challenge though, 1.2 million steps.

They need a scanner for food.
    Yeah, I do agree it's not entirely accurate. And about the app counting steps while in a car, I guess that can't be helped. To be fair, there's no way a device can know if you're walking or driving. It all relies on sensors. The app might be thinking, "Well, he might be The Flash so I'm gonna give him the benefit of the doubt and record his activity as walking 1.2 million steps for 600 miles at 70 mph pace."
    05-20-2017 11:19 PM
    That last sentence is how you defeat the robots
    ronfc likes this.
    05-20-2017 11:23 PM