Samsung galaxy s7 constantly turning on and off

A

AC Question

I have had my samsung galaxy s7 for about 7 months now, and for as long as i can remember i have had issues with the phone, the main one being not being able to install updates. The phone will install 30% of the update then come up with the dead android logo, well i decided to sort it out by installing the update through smart switch. It worked thankfully, but a couple of days after it began to randomly just start turning on and off, you could use the phone for all of 30 seconds before it would turn off once again. There would be messages popping up on the screen saying things like gmail couldnt open and the option to close the application. This would happen for alot of the apps installed on the phone. I have factory reset the phone after the update when this issue began to occur but the issued still occurred. It has got to the point where the phone is basically bricked. Any help is highly appreciated and thank you in advance

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Does this also happen in Safe Mode? https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-28008. If not, then something you installed is causing the instability, and you may have to uninstall apps one by one until this goes away.

If it does happen in Safe Mode, then I would suspect some hardware issue with the motherboard. Contact Samsung for warranty repair.