please help I've tried everything I can

A

AC Question

Hi I had just bought a galaxy S7 edge and I have tried and tried to put in my email for the Google account in and I have already sync my phone with this but there was some of the previous owners information on it still so I factory reset without reading about it first big big mistake now I am trying to put mine back in and it is saying please wait 24 hours password has been changed..Ive tried everything so far no good 🤔 I spent a good amount of money on this galaxy s7 I've wanted one since my galaxy s6 was stolen which I never even got to turn on this past year I am going to be truly heart broken if I don't get to use this one and Im swapping it out with my iPhone s6 so giving up a good phone please someone help me move forward with this!! 👎🏻🤷🏼*♀️
Thanks
Jennifer🙋🏼

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! If you get a phone from someone else, that person's Google account needs to be properly removed before a factory reset is done in order for the reset to be considered authorized. If the Google account isn't removed, then it's an unauthorized factory reset, and Google's Factory Reset Protection kicks in, asking for the Google account and password of that previous user. This is intended to discourage thieves from stealing a phone and doing a simple factory reset to make it their own. So the Google account it's asking for is most likely that previous owner's account. Are you able to reach that person?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz