Can't we change the color of calendar entries any more?

Karen Davis4

May 30, 2017
Visit site
I upgraded to an S7 and now the Palette icon for marking calendar entries with different colors is gone. All new entries are the same color. I want to be able to group entries by color again. Is that no longer a possibility? It really is much less helpful to know that this appointment was entered into the Samsung calendar than what type of appointment it is and how important that I not miss it.

MYKEL61

Jan 17, 2017
Visit site
It's still there. Hold the little colored square on your entry (its next to the subject or name of the event) and you will get the color choices. I use colors all the time for different groups of events. You may have to edit each entry, as after I upgraded all defaulted to the same the color. I had to change each one, one by one. Hope this helps!

Enverdaz

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
In the stock Samsung Calendar app?
How do you apply a color per entry? I only see an option to adjust the entire calendar via the app settings menu.
I too would love to be able, again, to be able to set a color for different types of appointments and use colors to differentiate from My appointments vs my Wife's appointments and also for recurring events like Birthdays.

Enverdaz

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
The S7's stock Calendar is totally different from my S5 and lacking in several of the handy little tools like the ability to change individual entry colors and even had a small sticker selection available to add even one more little indicator to the entry to help differentiate things.
I really miss the features in the stock S5 Calendar app vs the 'streamlined' S7 version.. Taking some of the features out of the app kinda was a let down when I was hoping for more refinement to the existing ones and potentially additional features that I didn't know I would find so useful until they were there. Instead they trimmed out the things that kept me using the Samsung Calendar vs Google's. (I may have to just go 3rd party 😨 for a more feature rich experience).
bdf1436faefea9acbc4b02892d03060b.jpg
1245d805e5ecf4db7773f846dcb1ddac.jpg

CWinkler

Dec 7, 2016
Visit site
Hmmm. I never paid it much attention until reading your post. Looked at my calendar app and I DO have the option to change the color of the title. Using stock calendar app. Attaching screenshots of the color option and the version of my calendar app, in case it's a version thing. I'm on US Cellular, in case the carrier has anything to do with what options are available.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170602-070406.jpg
    Screenshot_20170602-070406.jpg
    155.3 KB · Views: 27
  • Screenshot_20170602-070506.jpg
    Screenshot_20170602-070506.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 26

Karen Davis4

May 30, 2017
Visit site
If I change the calendar (under the date / time in the screenshot above) from My Calendar to Gmail, then the option to change the entry is back.

MYKEL61

Jan 17, 2017
Visit site
Unless I'm missing something, you guys are doing exactly what I described in my earlier post. Isn't that what you are looking for? I use the stock calendar and have different colors for different events. @Enverdaz thanks for the screen shot.. that is what I was trying to describe.

orphanedhanyou

Jun 17, 2018
Visit site
Unless I'm missing something, you guys are doing exactly what I described in my earlier post. Isn't that what you are looking for? I use the stock calendar and have different colors for different events. @Enverdaz thanks for the screen shot.. that is what I was trying to describe.

You are missing something. You never mentioned the issue of having to change which calendar within the stock calendar app. When you edit an event you can select from possibly multiple calendars. For instance I have my calendar, two different gmail accounts, a Samsung calendar, etc. Only gmail allowed the color box to reappear.

Mike Boyce

May 21, 2015
Visit site
It's easy. In the Samsung calendar go to settings & manage calendars. Go to the calendar you want to color change. Tap the color square on the left & it will bring up a selection of colors. Pick the color you want and all entries on the calendar will change to the selected color.

S7 edge owner.

Martin Heard

Dec 10, 2018
Visit site
Hi guys. I have just changed my phone to an Honor 7S (Huawei) and cannot find the way to change new calendar entries from Blue to any other colours. I have tried the suggestions below but nothing works - any ideas?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lawiss