Can everyone help convince Samsung to restore the Auto Replace feature for Galaxy S7?

OwnedManyBBs

May 31, 2017
Visit site
A T-Mobile senior tech just confirmed for me that the latest Galaxy S7 update REMOVED the Auto Replace as a stand alone feature.

Check out the screen shots...

Now you see it: https://www.dropbox.com/s/4hnk7ead1jcggge/Screenshot_20170530-231825.jpg?dl=0

Now you dont:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/jt3raaote002gfp/Screenshot_20170530-231458.png?dl=0

Shockingly, they COMBINED it with Predictive Text.

I LOVE Predictive Text (which merely makes suggestions you can choose), but I HATE Auto Replace (which makes the choices for you), since it is WRONG soooooo often!

Now millions of us are FORCED to have either BOTH or NEITHER feature. You can NO LONGER have the good one on, and the bad one off.

This is a BIG DEAL, since the typing expereince is sooo essential to any phone.

Anyway, who REMOVES features during updates!? Whats the benefit in that!?

The tech rep said if enough of us report our displeasure to Samsung, they will put it back, and she even gave me the Samsung suggestion hotline for you all to call:

800 726 7864

Once this update is reversed, I will remove the # its not abused by tons of people for other things.

P.S. If you decide to turn turn OFF the Predictive Text (with the now built in Auto Replace), and just rely on the Auto Correct feature (which puts a red line under misspelled words), you should be aware that this feature does NOT work in the phone's email app! So you will have NO spelling help whatsoever if you do much or most of your pho e typing there like me.

The tech said she will report this oversight flaw to Samsung, but also good if you include it when you petition them to BRING BACK the Auto Replace feature as a stand alone.

Lets keep our fingers crossed!

Last edited:

OwnedManyBBs

May 31, 2017
Visit site
Correct, but as I pointed out above, millions of us want Predictive Text ON and Auto Replace OFF. By "merging" the two, Samsung took that ability away for some inexplicable reason.

I also just discovered that if you turn OFF Predictive Text, but leave Auto Punctuate ON, it does NOT work!

Come on Samsung...Please reverse the "merge" and fix these 2 broken issues!

jhickin

May 27, 2015
Visit site
I think you missed SparklyPickle's point. By clicking on the words "Predictive Text" in the menu, you can go into its submenu and turn off AutoReplace while still keeping Predictive Text on.

theonecid

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
OP seems to be freaking out for nothing. Just do as has been suggested or use a different keyboard! lool damn man.

The features didn't actually merge, only the button UI did. You can disable auto replace within it.

Nreeldeep

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Correct, but as I pointed out above, millions of us want Predictive Text ON and Auto Replace OFF. By "merging" the two, Samsung took that ability away for some inexplicable reason.

I also just discovered that if you turn OFF Predictive Text, but leave Auto Punctuate ON, it does NOT work!

Maybe you and those "millions" should vote with your wallet. Nothing gets the attention of a merchant than low sales. You should talk to your "millions" about that.

Nreeldeep

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site

Maybe you and those "millions" should vote with your wallet. Nothing gets the attention of a merchant than low sales. You should talk to your "millions" about that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21