How fragile is that eventually lenscoating

acke1

Jun 1, 2017
Visit site
Hallo!

Gonna start to say, sorry for my bad english but...

My question is about that the main camera lens, on my samsung galaxy s7.

I have polish it with a DRY anti static tissue for glasses and cams for a couple of times. But now afterwards i wonder if i maybe have clean it to much. Becaus when i start, clean the mainlens for the first time when it was brand new, it seems like it has (just the mainlens) a little bit, like a foggy surface on the lensglass so to speak (maybe it was that coating layer). But now when i have polisch it, the lens are cristal shining, and it seems like at some fotos when i have a lightsources in the picture, shows a lot of reflection and glare at the picture...

So actually my question is. Does anybody now what or if it is some AR coating on the lens or some other type of coating etc?

Would really be glad for some answers here;)

Anders

Enverdaz

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
The S7's Main Camera is supposed to have a Sapphire Crystal, which is extremely durable and scratch resistant. To my knowledge, there is no additional film applied to the lens. My 1st guess as to the cause of the period when your lens appeared "foggy" was actually residual oils in the cloth you were using at that time. I've seen this happen when I use a micro-fiber wipe in the past and the film / foggy sheen clears when swapping to a clean(er) cloth or section of the one at hand.

Last edited:

acke1

Jun 1, 2017
Visit site
Hi, and thanks for your answer Enverdaz!

When i saw that "foggy" layer on my lensglas was "before" i had polisch the lens for the first time. i recognize it when i just had unbox the telefone.

Then after my first polisching, the lensglas went to be crystal shining;)

Maybe its, something from the factory they have on that lens for some protction (that foggy surface from the beginning?)

Anyway so i hope its ment to be shiny, the lensglas s t s so i dont have destroy some layer or something.
Nice to hear that the glas is sapphire;)

By the way, do you know how they set the coating on the glas? maybe some sort of spray if its not some kind of film?

Anders

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol