Google assistant repeats last voice dialogue Everytime I turn on my phone.

stmax

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
Strange thing started happening. Anytime Google Assistant talks to me eg. "Reminder saved"... It keeps saying it everytime I wake up my phone. I have to force close the Google App to make it stop.

Anyone else experiencing this?

netbymatt

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I have noticed this too. I've found it's slightly easier to get it to stop by bringing up another voice session (just touch the microphone) and then close it.

I'd like it to stop though, because it's really obnoxious when it happens in a quiet environment. I'm using a Galaxy S7 on Verizon with their latest update to Nougat.

stmax

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
I'm glad I'm not losing my mind...thanks for confirming this.

The other day I was in a meeting... Woke up my phone and it said "Reminder Saved" at a volume that was not ideal.

Hopefully it resolves on its own as quickly as the issue seemed to have started.

anon(8453378)

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
I have had this same issue for a few months now. I notice it when setting reminders. I found that opening the Google (feed) app will stop it from repeating every time I unlock my phone (S7 - Verizon).

ComputerNerd

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
Same problem here on Samsung Galaxy S7 with Nougat. Only I remember this problem happening over 6 months ago with same phone on lollipop. It is unusable like this and is why I stopped using Google Assistance.

Pete Nikolai

Dec 17, 2017
Visit site
As netbymatt pointed out, you can get it to stop by bringing up another voice session (tap the microphone or say "OK Google") and then either ask another question or just close it.

For a permanent fix go to Nova launcher since the problem might actually be with the launcher rather than with Google Assistant. In Nova launcher settings, go to "Gestures & inputs" and look in the section for "Voice Hotword" where you can turn on "Ok Google hotword" which seems to fix the issue.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463