I have a Galaxy 7 Edge. When I use a USB cable to attempt to transfer images into my desktop PC running Windows 10, a screen pops up on the PC that says "Looking for new photos and videos". It eventually finds them. BUT - I want to see "old" items as well as "new". How do I prevent my phone from marking images as old or new? Must I do that globally or can I do it discretely?
    06-12-2017 11:02 PM
    I don't think that's something being done on your phone but rather on the Windows PC. How are you opening the phone? If you selected to 'sync' it as a Media device (rather than opening it as an USB Drive or as a Media Device but without syncing) that might be why the computer says it's looking for 'new' items.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-13-2017 12:09 AM
    "How are you opening the phone?" I do not understand the question.

I connect my phone to the pc via a USB. MS Photos automatically opens with the "import" routine going.

On the phone I also drop down the notifications and tap the USB icon. It gives me a list of things for which I can use the USB. I select "photo transfer" (it is always opens on "file transfer).

A prompt on the PC says that it is "looking for new photos and videos". It finds all the "new" items that are on the phone. "new" being "not downloaded/imported".

I have two photo viewing apps on the phone. One is called "Gallery", and I believe that to be a Samsung product although I am not sure. I also have "Photos", a Google product. Gallery only displays the photos that have NOT been downloaded. Photos displays everything.
    06-13-2017 10:43 PM
    That might be the 'problem'. MS Photos might be syncing your device (kinda like iTunes). For better results, the option on your phone should be Media Transfer.

As for the apps, the Gallery app will show all images currently saved on your phone. If it's not there, it's NOT on your phone. Google Photos also shows you the pictures that have been backed up to the Cloud (on Google Photos), but you may have pictures there that are ONLY in the cloud. Those are the ones that your computer will not see when connected via USB because they just don't exist on your phone, they're stored elsewhere (if you want them on your computer, you can sync your Photos folder to your PC and keep a local copy there).
    06-14-2017 02:34 AM