streaming audio and video just stops!

congaman59

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I noticed I am experiencing some stoppage of my streaming apps on my phone. S7 on sprint running 7.0. When I open an app like youtube or Xiia pro at some point the stream stops and I have to restart it. It doesn't happen at regular intervals, sometimes in a minute and sometimes in 5 minutes.

I have also noticed that my screen dims for a period of time and then brightens again. I don't know if one problem has anything to do with the other but sure would be great to fix both problems.

CWinkler

Dec 7, 2016
Visit site
Might it be a buffering issue with the phone? Are you on WiFi or mobile? Do you have other apps running? Have you tried clearing the app's cache? Cleaning memory (via Device Maintenance setting)?

I also see some of that with my screen. Have turned on SmartStay, which is supposed to keep the screen on as long as the camera senses you're looking at the phone and nothing else is using the front camera. Under Settings, Advanced Features.

congaman59

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Might it be a buffering issue with the phone? Are you on WiFi or mobile? Do you have other apps running? Have you tried clearing the app's cache? Cleaning memory (via Device Maintenance setting)?

I also see some of that with my screen. Have turned on SmartStay, which is supposed to keep the screen on as long as the camera senses you're looking at the phone and nothing else is using the front camera. Under Settings, Advanced Features.

I don't think it's a buffering issue. I have very fast wi-fi. The problem happens with and without other apps running.
I am wondering if there is a way to what is actually happening with some kind of log file.

CWinkler

Dec 7, 2016
Visit site
Not sure if any of these possible solutions from Yahoo! Tech Site might help ...
Glitch: Music streaming keeps stopping

If you find that the music you’re playing on your Galaxy S7 keeps stopping or pausing, then you are not alone. It might stop halfway through a song, or at the end of a song, and you have to turn the screen on to get it to start back up.

Potential solutions:

1. This is probably due to power saving settings. Take a look in Settings > Battery and make sure that Power saving mode is off, or set Start power saving to come on when the S7 is low on battery rather than Immediately. You could also go into the Power saving mode settings and turn off Restrict background data.
  2. Take a look in Settings > Wi-Fi and tap More at the top right, then Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep and choose Always.
  3. Take a look in Settings > Battery and tap Details under App power saving then choose your music app and tap on it to select Disabled.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech