Why am I getting the message "Internet may not be available" when connecting to a wifi hotspot?

Afshin RK

Jun 20, 2017
Visit site
Why am I getting the message "Internet may not be available" when connecting to a wifi hotspot?

I've updated my Samsung Galaxy S7's firmware to Android 7 and ever since I can no longer get a stable internet through wifi connection. The problem is that even though I can connect to the wifi router, every few minutes I get disconnected from the internet (not the wifi), getting the message "Internet may not be available". This keeps on happening every few minutes (even seconds) erratically. I tried other devices see if the problem is pertained to my wifi router and all of them got a sound and flawless connection. I have also tried formatting my cache partition, forgetting all the wifi hotspots and reconnecting again, setting static IP and DNS manually and none of them solved the problem. Please help.

Afshin RK

Jun 20, 2017
Visit site
Re: Why am I getting the message "Internet may not be available" when connecting to a wifi hotspot?

Thanks. It happens with all Wifi networks.

I have already deleted the cache partition.

Here's the screen shot of my device displaying the unavailable network message.
photo_2017-06-22_17-43-02.jpg

Afshin RK

Jun 20, 2017
Visit site
Re: Why am I getting the message "Internet may not be available" when connecting to a wifi hotspot?

I did try unsecured networks as well, same problem persists. And nothing changes in safe mode.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2fedes