I'm using fingerprint ID to unlock my Samsung Galaxy S7. It's gone into a reboot loop, but when the lock screen comes up and I swipe to enter my password (as you must do after a reboot), the keyboard won't pop up. Sometimes, after repeated attempts, the keyboard appears briefly, but the phone reboots before I can enter the password. And the frustration starts all over again. The battery is also discharging rapidly.
    06-21-2017 09:52 PM
    I'm having the same problem with mine now. We're you able to get yours fixed?
    07-12-2017 10:52 PM
    I have exactly the same issue. Although, I don't see the keyboard at all. I contacted the Samsung support several times, but they keep saying that the phone can only be unlocked if you have a Samsung account. Unfortunately, I don't remember which Samsung account is linked to the phone, so I could not solve the problem. The problem appeared when I went into flight mode and activated the WiFi on board of the plane, then the rebooting etc. started. Please if anyone can help here would be highly appreciated!
    paranoid8android likes this.
    07-14-2017 11:18 PM
    Hello,

I'm having the same issue as you guys. Galaxy S7 restarts and when reach lock screen the keyboard doesn't open and it reboots again.
    I already wipe cache partition and boot in safe mode but with same results. It is really frustrating.

I was at the airport and had my phone in Airplane mode and I turn on Wifi to connect to the airport network when this happened.

Anyone found a solution for this? I don't want to factory reset my phone.
    09-14-2017 10:51 AM
    Hi there, has anyone resolved the issue? could you give me a hint? With external keyboard is not working for me, because it is set up in cyrillic characters but the password is with latin.

Thanks in advance!

KB
    10-01-2017 12:14 PM
    hi
    i found a simple solution instead of resetting the device and losing your data.I dont if it is permanent but atleast you can unlock your device and back up your data.
    Connect an external keyboard through usb and enter your password to unlock.Then you can do whatever you want.
    It is pretty sad that samsung is unwilling to acknowlwdge the problem or do anything about it.That is why samsung will never be a leader
    However i dont know how to premanently solve this problem
    If you come across something plz also let me know
    10-03-2017 10:29 AM
    It's pretty bad to be landing in a foreign country without a mobile device!!!

Same thing just happened to me, was in airplane mode and enabled Wifi to connect to plane Wifi.
    There isn't even a way to close the phone, It's rebooting endlessly.
    Unfortunately I'm not carrying a USB keyboard + OTG cable, will report back if it eventually work.

Please Samsung, Do something about it.
    10-15-2017 10:16 AM
    It's pretty bad to be landing in a foreign country without a mobile device!!!

Same thing just happened to me, was in airplane mode and enabled Wifi to connect to plane Wifi.
    There isn't even a way to close the phone, It's rebooting endlessly.
    Unfortunately I'm not carrying a USB keyboard + OTG cable, will report back if it eventually work.

Please Samsung, Do something about it.

Report of similar problem : https://www.ifixit.com/Answers/View/...p+after+reboot

I can confirm that typing the password with an external keyboard and OTG cable does the trick.
    10-15-2017 10:16 AM