Why does my battery drain so fast since installing Samsung update?

A

AC Question

I used to charge my S7 overnight, even though I always had 30-40% battery left at the end of approx 18hrs. Since the update was installed, my battery is dead within 12-14hrs. Also my phone keeps telling me to 'optimize my Apps' to save battery life: Why, it was never a problem before the update?

I use my Samsung for work and need certain Apps (especially e-mail) open all the time. Now I have to close them down or carry a mobile charger with me everywhere.

As far as I'm concerned, this update has achieved only one thing; it makes me want to throw my Samsung in the bin and buy an Iphone!

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Restart your phone most likely it will calm down to normal also run system maintenance to optimize battery

CWinkler

Dec 7, 2016
Visit site
It also seems like it takes the phone several days to "learn" usage patterns and optimize itself. Like others have suggested, run device maintenance and maybe even do a cache wipe. Restart your phone. And give it some time to sort itself out.

tedbearclaw

May 6, 2012
Visit site
I have not done any recent updates and I myself have noticed horrible battery life the past few weeks. I unplug my phone at 430 am. Sick it in my pocket when I leave for work all apps killed and nothing in use at all, by 830 I will already be down to almost 70%. With no screen usage. I have optimized my phone and have completed several power cycled and cleared cache.

CWinkler

Dec 7, 2016
Visit site
I have not done any recent updates and I myself have noticed horrible battery life the past few weeks. I unplug my phone at 430 am. Sick it in my pocket when I leave for work all apps killed and nothing in use at all, by 830 I will already be down to almost 70%. With no screen usage. I have optimized my phone and have completed several power cycled and cleared cache.

Maybe you got my old returned phone (just kidding, unless you're with US Cellular in which case you might have). If you haven't yet installed GSam battery monitor app, I'd recommend it. Will give you more information to see what might be causing the drain. You also need to connect your phone to PC and run some commands to enable more data within that app.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463