On June 29th my phone updated and a few days later on July 1st my phones apps keep crashing at random moments. Game apps, Facebook apps, YouTube will go black on a video but play audio. But other apps are unaffected, discord is the only one I know of yet. I don't know what to do...
    07-03-2017 07:57 AM
    Welcome to the forums. Clearing the phone's system cache can sometimes help after an update. Turn the Galaxy S7 or Galaxy S7 Edge off. Press and hold the Volume Up, Power and Home buttons at the same time until the Android logo shows up and the phone vibrates. Then let go of the Power button and continue to hold the other buttons. Use the volume buttons to scroll down to highlight Wipe Cache Partition.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.
    07-03-2017 09:28 AM
    On June 29th my phone updated and a few days later on July 1st my phones apps keep crashing at random moments. Game apps, Facebook apps, YouTube will go black on a video but play audio. But other apps are unaffected, discord is the only one I know of yet. I don't know what to do...
    After a software update, it is always recommended that you back up all your files and perform a factory reset. You can download the Smart Switch software on your computer and it will back up everything including your settings. Perform the reset, and go back to Smart Switch and restore your phone.
    07-03-2017 02:23 PM
    and perform a factory reset.
    I don't agree. I've never done a factory reset after an OS upgrade and have had zero problems with many phones. Agree it's a good last resort fix.
    thecomicbookandme likes this.
    07-03-2017 03:58 PM
    After a software update, it is always recommended that you back up all your files and perform a factory reset. You can download the Smart Switch software on your computer and it will back up everything including your settings. Perform the reset, and go back to Smart Switch and restore your phone.
    I don't agree either. You shouldn't have to go through all of that to have a phone work properly. That's a massive investment in time and effort to restore all settings and saved data. I'll never do that...ever.
    thecomicbookandme likes this.
    07-04-2017 10:54 AM