I cannot get my new S7 to unlock without fingerprint (or pin after reboot and whenever it decides that my fingerprint isn't good enough after all) at home or at where I am now on vacation.

I have set up Smart lock and have all location settings turned on.

If I search for the word "location" in settings one of the search results is Locating Method: Location services turned off. However if I click that and enter its settings it says that it is on with high accuracy.

Following some tutorials they all say to go to Settings/Privacy and Safety. However there is no such panel in my settings. Searching for the work Privacy in settings only brings up the panel for Dark Screen.

Also Samsung Pass doesn't seem to be working. I finally managed to go through the setup without it crashing and now it says Samsung Pass has been locked automatically for security reasons.

I don't understand anything whatsoever of this phone's security settings. I have however decided that I don't really care if I need the entire world to see where I am and what I'm doing as long as I don't have to type that stupid pin every time I pick up the phone at home.
    07-09-2017 06:01 AM
    I have similar issues with my location not always being recognized. I boil mine down to being on a boat that moves, so my GPS pin changes a lot. I've seen where others have suggested doing multiple 'pins' throughout your house, to see if that helps keep the phone unlocked. Might give that a try, just move around to different rooms and add them as trusted places. I know Smart Lock makes it look like there's a range around your location, but don't know how sensitive it really is. Seems like it always works when in my car, and even tells me that my car is keeping the phone unlocked. If you have a BT device, might try keeping it unlocked when it's near that device. Don't know how 'near' it needs to be. Good luck! Keep us posted.
    07-09-2017 07:10 AM
    Thanks for answering!

Unfortunately I have now added more locations. Before I had one I had entered the address for and one that it had pinpointed. Now I've tried adding more rooms and corners of the property and finally manually entered and pinpointed addresses for all my neighbors' houses. But it just doesn't work.

Very disappointing when you choose a new handset because of these magic features and they don't work. Thankfully it's the weekend and I didn't have the chance yet to brag to my many iPhone owning colleagues.
    07-09-2017 10:45 AM
    this is one of the weird things that have been happening lately. I got mine too work again by clearing the cache, both, then clearing data from play services, play store and restarting.
    this was not my intended purpose as I am also having issues with the play store and doing this fixed the smart lock but didn't fix my store issues.
    I did a lot of things and can't remember them all but it might work.
    07-09-2017 06:18 PM
    I have been having this problem every since I updated to 7.0.
    Sole07 likes this.
    07-10-2017 07:47 AM
    Hmm. Mine is a brand new phone set up for the first time a couple of days ago so there shouldn't be any old caches that needs cleaning.

There are many bugs that I'm slowly discovering. And hopelessly illogical setup panels. But oh well.
    07-10-2017 02:32 PM
    My trusted places doesn't work either...junk. I dropped about 8000 pins around the house (yes, I'm being dramatic) and it still doesn't work even though my location on google maps shows I'm home. It works just fine for my bluetooth in the car but from a locational standpoint - FAIL. Not a good job done my Sammy on this one.
    07-10-2017 05:11 PM
    Trusted places is a Google feature and not Samsung. It seems like its a problem with Google Play Services since this issue also affect the Google Pixel and a host of other Android devices.
    07-11-2017 05:15 PM