Can't paste from clipboard on Gmail

Salomon7

May 27, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I use my Gmail app heavily and lately I noticed that while composing and email, I can't access the clipboard to paste things. When I click long, only Format and Paste appear. I then have to go to the subject line, where my clipboard appears after a long click and there I retrieve what I wanted to paste.

Anyone else experiences this?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Sorry, I'm a bit confused -- when you long-press, you get Format and Paste. So what happens when you tap Paste?

anon(238680)

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I think you're saying you don't get the "Clipboard" option to choose more items. Correct? I'm not sure it works that way everywhere.

Salomon7

May 27, 2014
Visit site
Yes correct. I tried the Samsung keyboard, but it's the same thing. On the subject line of the Gmail I can get the clipboard, but when I want to input it into the body of the email, it's gone. Does any of you use Gmail on Android. Check it out.

matthorwich

Jul 12, 2016
Visit site
Re: Can't paste from clipboard into email body when using Android Gmail App

Yes correct. I tried the Samsung keyboard, but it's the same thing. On the subject line of the Gmail I can get the clipboard, but when I want to input it into the body of the email, it's gone. Does any of you use Gmail on Android. Check it out.

Yes, why is it that Google Android has Deliberately turned off the feature of Clipboard (multiple text clippings, not just most recent cut) in Gmail email Body, but left it On in in the subject line?! The Body is where I need it most, since I have many pieces of text saved and locked onto my clipboard. To make matters worse, it works fine practically Everywhere else on the phone including texts, calendar, chrome browser, etc. This has been like this for Years since the Galaxy 5 or 6 I believe, but definitely the 7, 8, 9.