Forgot pattern, but have fingerprint and backup password

Morgan Adams1

Jul 11, 2017
Visit site
I assume this is an easy fix, but I have no idea how.
I have forgotten my pattern as I have recently changed it. However, I still have full access to my phone because I use fingerprint authentication. I also know my backup password, but I can't find the option to reset my pattern using one of these two options.

I have tried getting my pattern incorrect many times and was told this would eventually lead to my password reverting to my backup; this hasn't happened.

Could someone help me?

I have a Samsung S7.

Thanks.

CWinkler

Dec 7, 2016
Visit site
Saw one posting that mentioned needing to get the pattern wrong 5 times. How many have you tried?
Found something on an AT&T site that makes it sound like you need to FDR your phone. Seems excessive.
Since you can use your fingerprint to unlock the phone, would you be able to go into settings and then turn off the lock screen security? Then if you turn it back on, would you be able to put in another pattern? I don't use pattern, instead chose to use fingerprint and pin.

Morgan Adams1

Jul 11, 2017
Visit site
Like I said, I've already tried getting my pattern wrong many times, with up to an hour locked out.

Every setting that has anything to do with passwords asks for the current pattern.

Help? Anyone?

MichDrey

Sep 10, 2017
Visit site
I am having the same issue and have not been able to find a solution. I successfully locked and unlocked my phone remotely using the Find My Mobile service but this did not remove the pattern lock. I have fingerprint enabled so I have access to my device, but since I don't know the pattern I want to reset it or turn it off.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If you reset the password at Android Device Manager (use Secure Device), you'll have a new password (that you'll write down and bury somewhere like your sock drawer, right?). It may take a while for the change to take effect, so don't keep changing it thinking that it didn't change. (I've actually had it take about 24 hours once.)

Then you can unlock the phone and reset to password, PIN or pattern (and write down and hide whatever you've changed it to).

iMRahib

Sep 9, 2018
Visit site
I assume this is an easy fix, but I have no idea how.
I have forgotten my pattern as I have recently changed it. However, I still have full access to my phone because I use fingerprint authentication. I also know my backup password, but I can't find the option to reset my pattern using one of these two options.

I have tried getting my pattern incorrect many times and was told this would eventually lead to my password reverting to my backup; this hasn't happened.

Could someone help me?

I have a Samsung S7.

Thanks.

Most likely you no longer need these steps. 
First thing first, don’t reboot your phone.
If you haven’t done so, sign in your Samsung account to your phone now. By doing so, you can go to the Samsung’s Find my mobile site, https://findmymobile.samsung.com/ to initiate to unlock your phone.
After unlocking, your phone’s PIN and fingerprints will be removed. You’ll need to set them up again.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87