I assume this is an easy fix, but I have no idea how.
    I have forgotten my pattern as I have recently changed it. However, I still have full access to my phone because I use fingerprint authentication. I also know my backup password, but I can't find the option to reset my pattern using one of these two options.

I have tried getting my pattern incorrect many times and was told this would eventually lead to my password reverting to my backup; this hasn't happened.

Could someone help me?

I have a Samsung S7.

Thanks.
    07-11-2017 12:54 PM
    Mod Note: Thread moved for better visibility.
    07-11-2017 09:25 PM
    Saw one posting that mentioned needing to get the pattern wrong 5 times. How many have you tried?
    Found something on an AT&T site that makes it sound like you need to FDR your phone. Seems excessive.
    Since you can use your fingerprint to unlock the phone, would you be able to go into settings and then turn off the lock screen security? Then if you turn it back on, would you be able to put in another pattern? I don't use pattern, instead chose to use fingerprint and pin.
    07-12-2017 06:17 AM
    Like I said, I've already tried getting my pattern wrong many times, with up to an hour locked out.

Every setting that has anything to do with passwords asks for the current pattern.

Help? Anyone?
    07-12-2017 09:49 AM
    Turn on the Find My Mobile access if you can. That will allow you to reset password remotely from a PC.
    07-12-2017 10:17 AM
    I am having the same issue and have not been able to find a solution. I successfully locked and unlocked my phone remotely using the Find My Mobile service but this did not remove the pattern lock. I have fingerprint enabled so I have access to my device, but since I don't know the pattern I want to reset it or turn it off.
    09-10-2017 12:51 PM
    I am having the same issue and have not found a solution. I successfully locked and unlocked my phone remotely using the Find My Mobile, but this did not remove the pattern lock screen.

I have fingerprint enabled so i have full access to my device, however i want to reset or turn off the pattern since i have forgotten it.
    09-10-2017 12:57 PM