S7 vs washing machine

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
Yup...I did it. Didn't realize my S7 was in my pocket (heavy construction pants with many pockets) and ran them through the wash cycle. My wife heard a banging in the machine (front loader) and I couldn't imagine what it was, stopped the machine after about 5 minutes and sure enough there was my S7 nice and soapy and clean!!

I dried it off and checked it out and it worked fine. The speaker was not working well so I sucked some of the water out with a vacuum cleaner (yeah...I'm rough on my phones) and let it dry for a few hours and it works fine now.

So if you're wondering if the water resistance actually works I think this is proof. Tough too, it was really being tossed around pretty good. I have a slim fit case and have proven many times those Otterbox/Lifeproof cases are not necessary...more marketing hype than what you actually need.

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
Well that certainly tested out the water resistance! Probably in general these devices are good, but being mass produced, you only need a bit of glue missing and your expensive device is dead. Warranty doesn't cover that kind of damage.
You certainly road tested yours :)
Thanks for sharing that, we do get a lot of posters asking about that, so I'll refer them to your post!

dbollman423

May 17, 2017
Visit site
Enjoyed this. I just upgraded to an S7 recently and I try to take care of my phones, but you can't plan for life's simple errors or life in general.

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Bet it would have died of it was in the whole cycle, or the water was hot enough.

But yeah these work well for water resistance, I had mine under water in a river yesterday.