Hi,

So, I finally upgraded to the S7 from the S3 and I must say that the difference in battery life, both in terms of how long it lasts and how fast it takes to charge, at least compared to the S3, is really amazing.

I did notice that the keyboard and calculator seem more like something one would find on an iPhone that the older Galaxy models.

A few things I could use some help with please:

1. On the S3, when I texted someone, I could see my own profile pic on the messages as well as some of my text recipients. I do not see this anymore on the 7. Does anyone know why?

2. The S7 comes with extra, external USB storage. Is this basically for downloading info, pics, files, etc from the phone to the USB storage to later save to a PC? If so, how do I enable to save a file from the phone to the storage.

3. Does the contacts app no longer have a feature to save certain contacts as a shortcut to the home screen like the three did?

4. When on a web page using explorer, I am not able to open a new tab to visit a second web page like I was able to on the 3? What is the best way to open a second page on the 7?

Thanks.
    07-16-2017 08:49 AM
    Mod Note: Thread moved for better visibility.
    07-16-2017 08:53 AM
    Ok...thanks.
    07-16-2017 11:14 AM
    1. On the S3, when I texted someone, I could see my own profile pic on the messages as well as some of my text recipients. I do not see this anymore on the 7. Does anyone know why?
    It's a different texting app, so it works differently. (Which is why I back up my apps - when one gets "upgraded" to the point that I can't stand it, I uninstall it and restore an older version that I did like.)

2. The S7 comes with extra, external USB storage. Is this basically for downloading info, pics, files, etc from the phone to the USB storage to later save to a PC? If so, how do I enable to save a file from the phone to the storage.
    Use a file manager to copy it, then paste it to wherever it goes on the SD card (assuming that you installed the SD card as removable storage, not adoptable storage - adoptable storage makes all storage one huge piece, and you can't move from one part to another). And don't try to move apps to the SD card - that's a bad idea for a few reasons. Android was designed to store files on SD cards, and that hasn't changed for removable storage (which is why adoptable storage was invented - but you can only have one choice, not both). If it copies properly, delete it from internal storage. (Don't Move it - if a move fails in the middle, you can be left with no file - copy and delete by hand - for safety.)

3. Does the contacts app no longer have a feature to save certain contacts as a shortcut to the home screen like the three did?
    I don't have the model S7 (or any S7) that you have, so I'm guessing, but if you go to widgets, then to contacts, there should be "Dial" and "Message" widgets. Choose the one you want and you'll be brought to your contact list to choose which one that widget will dial or message. Then the widget will appear on the home screen. (Again - I don't have your S7, so they may have removed that from your version of Android, or your carrier may have removed it.)

4. When on a web page using explorer, I am not able to open a new tab to visit a second web page like I was able to on the 3? What is the best way to open a second page on the 7?
    Firefox? Some other browser? Android versions of some browsers don't do that, some do. Internet, Samsung's own browser, does it sometimes - it's not immediately apparent when it does and when it doesn't, so I wouldn't depend on it. Firefox has a "New tab" item in the menu. Or long-press a link and tap "Open in new tab".
    07-16-2017 05:05 PM
    Thanks for the response.

I'm a bit disappointed in one feature on 7. I can no longer make calls and look something on the net anymore.

Why the downgrade?

Any workaround this?

I have virgin mobile and Sprint network.

Thanks.
    07-17-2017 08:04 PM
    Sprint is why there the only network that won't let you do both
    Switch to Cricket better coverage cheaper price, I had Sprint for years now I wonder why I stayed so long
    07-17-2017 09:48 PM
    Thanks. Which network is Cricket on, please?

Talk about a letdown.
    07-17-2017 11:26 PM
    But, why did the S3 allow me to do both and the 7 does not if they are both on the same network?

Thanks.
    07-17-2017 11:30 PM