Why does my Galaxy S7 hurt my eyes?

daughteroftheempire

Jul 24, 2017
Visit site
My Samsung tablet and laptop don't bother my eyes. It only takes about 20 minutes of looking at my phone before my eyes start burning and going blurry. I keep the lighting low, but too low hurts just as much as too high. I don't know if it's the type of screen, but it can't be the smallness, because that would cause strain, not burning. So why does the S7 burn my eyes?

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
re:

Turn on the blue light filter much easier on the eyes
It's made for nighttime but I leave mine on 24/7

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
re:

Depending on what tablet you have it's the same screen tech, I have no idea why you're phone would make your eyes burn.

Stalbot30

Nov 28, 2017
Visit site
re:

I am having the same problem... it's not the blue light... phone is causing migraines... no other screens do this to my eyes..... anyone have any other idea why this is happening?
I have had the s7 for 1 month.... have had 3 migraines..... didn't have a migraine for years b4 this phone. Every time I got a migrain I was doing some online Xmas shopping for about 30 to 45 mins... my eyes would start to go blurry and I knew I was in trouble.... any ideas?

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
re:

The contrast can also cause migraine attacks. AMOLED screens have infinite contrast. Just go to settings, display, set display mode to basic to decrease color saturation, then decrease brightness

Jodeci112

Dec 10, 2017
Visit site
My Samsung tablet and laptop don't bother my eyes. It only takes about 20 minutes of looking at my phone before my eyes start burning and going blurry. I keep the lighting low, but too low hurts just as much as too high. I don't know if it's the type of screen, but it can't be the smallness, because that would cause strain, not burning. So why does the S7 burn my eyes?

I had that blurry issue after looking at my galaxy edge then looking away. I recently switched to iPhone and no more blurry vision. It was definitely the galaxy screen that’s damaging to the eyes.

Dano1200r

Nov 26, 2017
Visit site
Re:

The contrast can also cause migraine attacks. AMOLED screens have infinite contrast. Just go to settings, display, set display mode to basic to decrease color saturation, then decrease brightness
And don't look at an eclipse or laser. Seriously though, between the saturation, brightness and contrast, you could probably set it and hold it close enough long enough to do damage.
f929b64d514ae73216bd83a23be48a98.jpg

mlim82480

Sep 14, 2018
Visit site
Re:

Been having eye strain issues with a lot of TVs in the past 3 years. Never had issues with eye strain on laptop (except for HP X360 with built in privacy filter), computer monitors or smartphones until I got the Note 9. My previous phones were Note 2, Galaxy S5, S7, S8 and recently got the Note 9. I tried playing around all the display settings and brightness level. I noticed that my eye strains more when reading emails with white background. Doesn't hurt as much when watching Netflix. It's most intense when playing FortNite on it, no issue when I play FortNite on S8.
Not sure what changes were made to Note 9, but it's hurting my eyes.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance