S7 doesn't auto rotate

DefuseNinja

Jul 26, 2017
Visit site
Title says it. Doesn't auto rotate when watching videos from youtube only rotates when i use the browser etc. I don't want to keep restarting my phone just to watch videos. Tried clearing cache and factory reset. Don't want to ask S7 subreddit because it's total cancer. Send help. Thanks

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Are you saying that when you reboot the phone, YouTube will auto-rotate correctly for a while, but then it stops doing that at some point?

DefuseNinja

Jul 26, 2017
Visit site
It won't even rotate. Had to reboot in order for the auto rotate to work again. Always happens after i get home from work. I don't watch videos at work tho since my data is so little so normally it is kept at potrait at work but when i get home and set it to auto rotate, it rotates for chrome,email,gmail etcetc but not for youtube. Twitch as well.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Ok, and to be clear -- you cleared the system cache partition, not just the YouTube app cache, right?

Nyanperona

Jul 31, 2017
Visit site
My phone is doing this too. Auto rotate works just fine on everything else but for some reason, if I'm watching a video on the youtube app, it doesn't auto rotate. My phone started doing this yesterday.

Eva100

Aug 24, 2017
Visit site
Same here could it be YouTube App? Anyway I have found to watch videos..
Go to YouTube App
Select the video you want to watch and at the bottom right of the video you will see a square made up of four arrows..one in each corner ..like this but without blue background.

Tap on that and the video will flip to landscape.. when finished just turn your phone to portrait and it will auto rotate back.
Dosnt actually answer question but hope that helps.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084