Series of beeps when making or answering a phone call?

CWinkler

Dec 7, 2016
Visit site
Can't remember exactly when it started, but I routinely get a set of "beep beep beep" "beep beep beep" (2 sets of 3 beeps) when I make or answer a phone call, including to voicemail. Any ideas what might be causing this? S7 on US Cellular.

Wondering if I'm losing cell signal and it's reconnecting to the system, which is causing the beeps?

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Click on your Phone App, click on the little 3 dot menu button in the top right corner, click settings, click Call Alerts, uncheck the Call Status Tones (Call Connect Tone & Call End Tone)

CWinkler

Dec 7, 2016
Visit site
Click on your Phone App, click on the little 3 dot menu button in the top right corner, click settings, click Call Alerts, uncheck the Call Status Tones (Call Connect Tone & Call End Tone)

Thank you!! Don't remember ever turning them on, so must be by default. Turned off now, so will see if all the beeps go away and stay away.

CWinkler

Dec 7, 2016
Visit site
This has been going on again, and was by a US Cellular store today so decided to stop in and see if they could tell me why. The Call Alerts settings are still turned off. The rep said that the phone does that when I have voicemail. It so happens that today I did have an unheard voicemail. Will have to see if that correlation continues.