Oh my...I need help, have I bricked my new phone?

Anomaly427

Aug 6, 2017
Visit site
Hi all

Massively in need of some help here!

Just this morning I received a new Galaxy S7 and yesterday i had prepared the files to root it and to remove the bloatware.

So this morning I used odin to flash CF-Auto Root, it passed but the phone would not get beyond the SAMSUNG start screen despite leaving it for a few minutes.

So I thought I would get hold of a stock rom to just get it back to default, so again I used odin to try and flash:
G930FXXS1APG3_G930FDAX1APE1_MAX

This failed, and now I am stuck on 'An error has occured while updating the device software'.

I've tried using Smart Switch but it says 'Unsupported device'. If I go to emergency software recovery and device localisation enter the model and serial number it tells me SM-G930F isn't supported?

I am now completely stuck...and the phone is stuck on this screen, I can't do anything else! PWR+Vol down+home does nothing, nor does Vol Up. I can't even turn the phone off! Am I screwed?

Please please help!

many thanks

SM-G930F Exynos
UK Carrier EE

tuscanybay

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
Redownload the firmware. Make sure you downloaded the correct one, flash all 3 or 4 files within the zip file (not just AP, but also CSC and others). Try a different computer too.

After flashing, go to recovery and do a reset and wipe. Then reboot.