S7 Bluetooth completely non functional. Switch freezes.

Hipstermermaid

Aug 19, 2017
Visit site
All of the sudden a few months ago, my Bluetooth stopped working. I can flip the switch to on but it stays grey and freezes in that position. I have tried clearing bluetooth share data and cache as well as trying everything in safe mode. Nearly every fix out there, I have tried. I also haven't really read anything about someone with my same issue. My last resort will be a hard reset which I have some questions about as well. Any suggestions before I do that though? I'd really like my Bluetooth back.

Operating on up to date unlocked phone. Didn't notice the issue after any recently installed updates or apps.

Last edited:

Hipstermermaid

Aug 19, 2017
Visit site
So I can get as far as the ODIN mode and Smart Switch but when I enter my SN and hit OK Smart Switch just closes. Apparently this means I can't initialize my phone?

Last edited:

Hipstermermaid

Aug 19, 2017
Visit site
Update: as predicted, factory reset did nothing. Samsung is recommending I bring it in to a service center which is half a world away from my current location... lovely.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Hmm. Are you in the US, or another country? If you're in the US, you could try bringing it to your local Best Buy, and ask the Samsung rep if they can reflash the firmware.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech