So my S7 got hung for 2-3 mins while I was browsing FB and for it to get to work again I had to reboot the device. After rebooting, I realized that all the images and videos I shot the last 2 days are missing from my Camera folder (in the SD card). I see that they don't even show up in my google photos app I tried unmounting and mounting the SD card but still am not able to retrieve the lost images and videos. Can someone please help?
    09-10-2017 07:45 PM
    If they're on the card (even though they're lot linked in the directory), give PhotoRec Step By Step a try. It will recover anything that seems to be a file by scanning the whole card. (Which can take a few days on a large card, so if you have a laptop or desktop you're not using, do it on that.) If PhotoRec doesn't recover them, there's nothing to recover. although I doubt that Facebook did damage to anything more that the card's directory (which PhotoRec ignores, so that won't matter).
    varun Malhotra likes this.
    09-11-2017 01:44 PM
    I had a similar thing happen today. I went to access photos in my gallery taken with my camera. I didn't see any photo folders that store on my SD card. So I went to settings-storage and instead of displaying my SD cad storage info, all it says to MOUNT SD CARD. I didn't unmount it. If I just mount it again, will I lose everything on it? Also because I didn't unmount it (looks like the system did) and I remove it from my phone and put it in my laptop card reader to save (in case I lose them), am I taking a risk at removing my SD card, trusting it was unmounted properly? Hope this isn't too confusing...but I don't know what to do. If I mount it as it tells me, I'm scared I could lose all the photos on it. Anyone have this happen to them?
    09-11-2017 04:23 PM
    Thank you, I tried Recuva and one other free s/f but both failed to find the lost images and videos. Will try PhotoRec after work today, if it doesn't work I will sadly assume that my data is gone forever
    09-11-2017 06:05 PM