Hello this phone already is "unlocked" and I'm trying to figure out what the advantages of "rooting" it would be?
    I'm sorry for such a rookie question but it's not as obvious as I first thought.
    P.S. title should be a 930 not 935. it's a 7 not a 7 edge.
    09-17-2017 09:05 PM
    Rooting would give you superuser(admin) access to things that were limited in access due to various reasons (such as security or for potential in breaking the phone). Basically, it also makes the phone more vulnerable to certain attacks, so I wouldn't advice rooting until you know more about Linux and Android itself. Also, before you even root, ask if you even need it.
    09-18-2017 02:39 AM
    Well that's why I'm asking.
    I am pretty old compared to most here I've been working in the electronics field my whole life and have a degree from way back in Electrical Engineering (only BSEE) but left off back when windows started getting popular and stopped learning languages like Linux (I stopped @ DOS, CPM and Fortran).

I use this phone for wireless testing right now and havn't found any obvious need to root right now.
    I also don't know for sure which CPU this uses the specs for this specific model (SM-G930PZDASPR) list both a exnoes and a snap dragon and I know the snap dragon is supposed to be harder or "impossible" to root.
    P.S. If I do decide to Root does anyone have a suggestion which method would be best, I'm ex military and know how to follow instructions explicitly.
    09-18-2017 11:03 AM
    Hmm. I wouldn't have root, android and Samsung ui especially have enough features right now, and I can't find some thing I miss from the days I have rooted my phones.
    aairon likes this.
    09-20-2017 02:31 AM