Over the last few weeks I've had a very annoying issue come up. Whenever I short press, long press, r double tap (for my camera) on my physical home button, Google Assistant pops up. I expect it to take me to my home screen. In order to get back to my home screen, I have to push my 'recent apps' button and then 'close all'. I've tried turning off Assistant in the Google app settings, but then the message 'Your Google Assistant is ready to help you get things done.' and the only option is to 'Turn On' the assistant again.

How do i get this working again as expected??
    09-20-2017 11:24 AM
    Mine was doing the same thing. I think I found the problem though, I have a program call Drivemode (it's a car mode app) that I turned on the accessibility option in the system settings for it. I turned that off this morning and it seems to be functioning fine so far. So my suggestion is check your system settings for anything that has control of the accessibility options, mainly I think it's the switch access piece of it as that is what Drivemode said it partially controlled.
    GS7E_Guardian likes this.
    09-21-2017 05:52 PM
    My Tab S2 did that after an update awhile back, clearing cache resolved it for me.
    09-21-2017 05:59 PM
    So I had this problem for a few days, too. None of the above fixes worked for me. So I cleared my cache, updated the Google app and then restarted my phone. This cleared the problem up for me.
    09-28-2017 10:55 AM
    thanks a lot...I've had DriveMode on my phone for quite some time now. I just initiated Google Assistant last week and that's when this started happening. I deactivated the assistant and every time I would hit the home button it would still prompt me to activate Google Assistant. Another post said to restart the phone and it would stop and it did. Then today after driving in my car, it all of a sudden started prompting me again. I read your post and turned off the accessibility for Drivemode and it stopped immediately without rebooting the phone... Just not sure if I'll be able to use drive mode now without that reoccurring every time.
    02-06-2018 04:54 PM