So I have an up to date Galaxy S7 and Google app, and I noticed today that my Google assistant was suddenly outputting speech again after having not done it since I originally turned the setting off months ago. I thought maybe the setting had got turned back on on accident, so I checked Google Assistant's settings and noticed that they have changed the voice output settings options. Before, I was able to choose "Off," but now I can only choose "Hands-free only" and "On." It was set to Hands-free only so I didn't change anything. I also went into the Google app and checked the voice output settings there, and it is also set to Hands-free only.

Now, so far as I can tell my phone is not in Hands-free mode. In fact, I can't even find an option for it anywhere.

i've tried clearing the cache for the Google app, as well as restarting my phone, but the Google assistant is still reading search results and the like back to me. Is this a bug? Or is there something I'm missing? Thank you for any help you can offer.
    10-12-2017 08:48 PM
    Having the same issue with S7 edge. Maybe it's a big specific to the S7 and S7 edge since I haven't seen many threads about it. It's quite frustrating though.
    10-16-2017 12:35 AM