Need help keeping an app awake

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
When I'm on WiFi I use an app from a radio station I like to stream, however when the phone "goes to sleep" it shuts off, if I keep the phone awake there's no problem. I looked in the app settings and there's a sleep timer I can set but something Samsung or Android is shutting it down.

I have my screen timed for 1 minute to go dark and the app still works, but shortly thereafter something shuts down the app and I lose the stream.

I also looked in the App Manager settings and I don't see anything that lets me keep it awake while I'm using it.

Ideas?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Search for a Battery Optimization or App Optimization setting in the system settings, and see what happens if you turn off optimization for that app. I think you go to Settings>Battery, then tap Menu, then Optimize Battery Usage.

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
Thanks Diddy, looked for what you suggested but didn't find what would work. I searched and looked at every setting possible, even found some areas I never knew existed on my phone! Nothing worked. At that point I figured the app might be the problem so I uninstalled it and now steam it on IHeartRadio app no problem.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Glad you got something working well. It may be worth sending an email to the developer of that other app and let them know the app isn't staying awake -- it might be something they have to correct on their end.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34