When I'm on WiFi I use an app from a radio station I like to stream, however when the phone "goes to sleep" it shuts off, if I keep the phone awake there's no problem. I looked in the app settings and there's a sleep timer I can set but something Samsung or Android is shutting it down.

I have my screen timed for 1 minute to go dark and the app still works, but shortly thereafter something shuts down the app and I lose the stream.

I also looked in the App Manager settings and I don't see anything that lets me keep it awake while I'm using it.

Ideas?
    10-17-2017 12:55 PM
    Search for a Battery Optimization or App Optimization setting in the system settings, and see what happens if you turn off optimization for that app. I think you go to Settings>Battery, then tap Menu, then Optimize Battery Usage.
    10-17-2017 04:17 PM
    Thanks Diddy, looked for what you suggested but didn't find what would work. I searched and looked at every setting possible, even found some areas I never knew existed on my phone! Nothing worked. At that point I figured the app might be the problem so I uninstalled it and now steam it on IHeartRadio app no problem.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    10-17-2017 08:20 PM
    Glad you got something working well. It may be worth sending an email to the developer of that other app and let them know the app isn't staying awake -- it might be something they have to correct on their end.
    10-17-2017 10:13 PM
    Glad you got something working well. It may be worth sending an email to the developer of that other app and let them know the app isn't staying awake -- it might be something they have to correct on their end.
    Yes, good thought.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    10-18-2017 07:01 AM