factory reset s7 NO BUTTONS disabilty issue

hdowly

Oct 29, 2017
Visit site
i've got very bad battery performance and have seen that a factory reset may fix this problem. (currently i'm having to do lots of taxi trips to my 96yo mum's to help her try to get her Telstra landline reconnected after a 2 week time with no landline- 5 hour + round trip , battery is down to 35%
my first problem is that all instructions ive seen for doing a reset show complicated use of the buttons and since a major stroke last year i have no coordination between my 2 hands so i can't do that.

is there a software way to do this? (please don't just ignore this no hands thing & direct me to a video showing people with good use of 2 hands fluidly pushing buttons! do me the courtesy to think i know what i'm saying please)
part 2: i don't understand to what extent this reset will wipe my whole phone.
-will there be nothing i can choose to keep?
-if i can keep something, what and how?

thankyou so much!:)

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
1. Yes it will delete everything. Depending on how the phone was set up, some data could be backed up to cloud. However I think you should do a backup. If your phone has an SD card, go to settings>cloud and accounts>smart switch>tap the 3 dots on the upper right, select external storage. You want to backup everything except apps and settings. So contacts, pictures, music, and videos. You don't back up apps since one of them may be the cause of the battery problem. Same goes for settings. When it's done, remove the SD card. Your backup is there. You can also do the same thing via Smartswitch for Windows/Mac. You may lose some app data like game saves. So be sure to look into the app on how to backup. Specific apps may backup to cloud or need a backup utility.

2. To factory data reset, go to settings>general management>reset>factory data reset. Follow the prompts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21