The latest android update to my Samsung S7 changed the configurations for the usb port on the phone, thereby causing the android auto interface with my 2017 Honda CRV to stop working altogether. I purposely bought the car because of the capability of using android auto, now Samsung/Android have totally fowled this up. Is there somewhere I can communicate this to the Samsung / Android developers so this can be remedied in a future update as soon as possible. I really hate spending $30,000 specifically for the tech / safety features then have them nulled by a software update. Honda's implementation of android auto is via a smartphone usb port that provides both data exchange and charging, now that the usb port has been reconfigured in android to set to either charging or data exchange but not both, also a two way data exchange is required as Honda is getting information from both the phone and the screen.

HELP
    11-05-2017 08:24 AM
    I found the problem is not the cable or your phone. It is the problem of the Honda Infotainment system. I found the system may disable your phone in Android Auto by no reasons.
    The solution is: Settings>Smartphone>Android Auto> your listed cellphone(s).

If your phone is disabled, then enable it again. Then reconnect your cellphone with MTP mode active. Then your Android Auto will come back.

Hope this help. I have spent 2 days to resolve this problem even the dealership cannot help.
    Attached Thumbnails Latest Android update Android Auto in Car Stopped Working-img_20180130_215424.jpg   Latest Android update Android Auto in Car Stopped Working-img_20180130_215417.jpg   Latest Android update Android Auto in Car Stopped Working-img_20180130_215408.jpg  
    01-30-2018 09:43 PM