Hi

-I was using the Samsung S7 last night, checking if 2 of my VR projects work with the Gear VR. They both worked great.
    Now I think there were some updates happening whilst I tried the project, I think they were some 'app' updates. Then not sure what happend next, but I closed the project, and then the phone turns to the black screen with the blue led lights.

-So atm the phone has the very common "black screen with blue LED lights", and the standard protocol of doing a 'restart (volume down and power button), but that didnt seem to work. Phone is charged to 96% and the red light shows when its charging.
    I hardly even used the phone before, only occassionalyl plugging it into PC to 'build' the projects, charging it, or using it with the Gear VR.

I had this exact issue 4 months ago, I spoke to a Samsung supp via live chat and they told me a troubleshooting step to do and it worked (not sure what it was though)

I have been everywhere today; -Carphone Warehouse phone technicians have told me that its the graphics chip on the MB that is the issue
    -Samsung have told me that they could fix it free of charge, if it is under warranty, and if I have a proof of purchase (its my University phone/gear vr so I have emailed teacher to find out if he has it)

-What is your opinion on this? Why isnt the standard reboot not working? What could have been the step that fixed it last time that the Samsung tech told me about? Is it the Graphics chip causing the problem?

Many Thanks
    11-07-2017 11:52 AM
    This is usually not a good sign, and probably represents hardware failure. Try pressing and holding Power and Vol Down for about 20 seconds -- this would force a shutdown, in case the phone is actually frozen on a blank screen. Then wait a few seconds, and then press and hold Power along for another 20 seconds to see if it powers back on.
    11-07-2017 10:36 PM
    Hi

I press and hold the Power and Vol Down for 20 seconds, but it sort of 'restarts' the phone twice? It is basically the power and vol down method, it shows the Samsung logo twice
    11-08-2017 02:54 AM
    I'm afraid there's probably not much else you can do besides getting it repaired. Sorry!
    11-08-2017 10:30 AM
    oh ok, thank you nonetheless
    B. Diddy likes this.
    11-08-2017 11:50 AM