I just bought a 2017 elantra and I have a Samsung S7 phone. I tried to download the Android auto app and I keep getting the message that my phone is not compatible with that version. I'm up to date on all Google apps Android Auto used and my OS is current (7.0) what am I doing wrong? I am not tech savvy so I fear I will not be able to use this feature on my car. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    11-16-2017 07:34 AM
    Are you in the US? AFAIK Android Auto is limited to certain countries.
    11-16-2017 07:57 AM
    Hi.

Guessing t's related - a Software Update on my S7 three days ago made my phone incompatible with my car. It previously worked fine, but now I get the same issue as you are seeing. This has also been seen by others: TheOneTopCat

Sounds like an Android/Samsung update issue - I'm going to wait it out and see if there's either an Android fix, or if I have to take my car to the dealership.

If you find anything out, ...
    11-16-2017 08:09 AM
    Just spotted some information on the google product forums, admittedly this is for Android 8.0 (and I've not read through the whole post), but a lot of people are seeing this with a November Update.

Probably worth keeping an eye on that thread.
    11-16-2017 08:21 AM
    Are you in the US? AFAIK Android Auto is limited to certain countries.
    I'm in the United States
    11-16-2017 08:24 AM
    Just spotted some information on the google product forums, admittedly this is for Android 8.0 (and I've not read through the whole post), but a lot of people are seeing this with a November Update.

Probably worth keeping an eye on that thread.
    I can't even download the Android Auto app to my phone. I don't even know if anything is compatible with my car yet. I search for the app in the Google play store and it does not pop up. If I search for Android Auto on the google search I can find it, but when I try to download the app it says my phone is not compatible with the app. I mean, I just did a system update a week ago. I just bought the car a couple days ago. Does that still sound like a phone issue? I made sure Google Maps, Google app and Google music apps were all up to date and they are. I'm not sure who to ask for help... I don't think the dealer will.
    11-16-2017 10:06 AM
    Android Auto just gives you a simpler interface to use when you're driving. Only a few functions, large buttons. You can use the phone with the car audio without it.

As far as the app not being compatible with the phone, that's due to the fact that the app depends on something in an earlier version of Android, and the latest update made the app incompatible. (It wo;; eventually get rewritten.)

As far as the phone not being compatible with the car audio, it's a back and forth thing. Samsung improves the Bluetooth in the phone, it doesn't work with the older Bluetooth in the car, so the car audio system has to be updated (see if your car dealer's service department has an update service bulletin). Or the car audio gets updated, then the phone no longer works with it, and you have to wait for an update to the phone. We probably won't see a "final" version of Bluetooth for another 5-10 years.
    11-16-2017 11:34 AM
    Ok, thanks you all. I guess I will just wait for an update and try again then. I'll ask the dealer when I take it in for service. Thanks again!
    11-16-2017 12:29 PM