High battery consumption: Android System & Android OS?

Cheezman88

Jan 13, 2015
Visit site
Hey everyone, before I ask my questions I will provide my phone specifics:
International Samsung Galaxy S7, Cricket Wireless, Android 7.0,(Kernel version: 3.18.14011104523)

I've had this phone for about 10 months I believe, and lately the following proccesses have been destroying the battery life: Android system Android OS Device Idle Cell Standby
By the time my phone reaches 50% battery life, these usually hover in the 5-10% range for battery consumption. It wasn't always like this. These rarely ever showed up until recently. Now my phone barely lasts 8 hours after a full charge (If I don't plug in the phone after going to bed, by the time I wake up, 15-20% of the battery has depleted simply from idle). What's going on here? I've done some searching and it seems everyone with this issue hasn't found a definitive answer. I've seen the usual wipe cache partition, singling out specific apps, etc. But none of these have worked. What should I do? Thanks

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It would help to see some battery stats. Charge up to 100%, then let it drain to 20-30% with normal usage, without charging in between. Then show us:

1. The main Settings>Battery screen.
2. The fullscreen battery graph screen (which shows Awake time and Cell Signal Strength).
3. The Screen category (to see total Screen On time).
4. The Cell Standby category, if present (to see Time Without Signal).

http://forums.androidcentral.com/ge...ide-how-post-screenshots-android-central.html
You might have to install a 3rd party battery monitor, like GSam Battery Monitor, to get the Cell Signal Strength graph.

Last edited:

wk123

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
It would help to see some battery stats. Charge up to 100%, then let it drain to 20-30% with normal usage, without charging in between. Then show us:

1. The main Settings>Battery screen.2. The fullscreen battery graph screen (which shows Awake time and Cell Signal Strength).
3. The Screen category (to see total Screen On time).
4. The Cell Standby category, if present (to see Time Without Signal).

http://forums.androidcentral.com/ge...ide-how-post-screenshots-android-central.html
You might have to install a 3rd party battery monitor, like GSam Battery Monitor, to get the Cell Signal Strength graph.
Hi where can you see the cell signal strength graph?

Thank you!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It's hard to keep track of which phones still show this -- more and more phones don't show that graph or bar any more. If you can't find it in any part of the Battery menu, then install GSam Battery Monitor -- that has a graph (and lots of other useful info).

wk123

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
It's hard to keep track of which phones still show this -- more and more phones don't show that graph or bar any more. If you can't find it in any part of the Battery menu, then install GSam Battery Monitor -- that has a graph (and lots of other useful info).
Thank you! I find it, my signal strength is def low here...

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
That's probably the main explanation for your battery drain, then.:( Is it always low, or only in certain areas, like at work?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Check this out: https://forums.att.com/t5/3G-MicroCell/Free-microcell-signal-booster/td-p/4967548. Sounds like it isn't free by policy, but if you sweet-talk customer service, they might still give it to you for free (or at least at a discount). You could always mention how long you've been a customer, or perhaps suggest that you heard other networks have better coverage where you live and you were wondering if it was time to switch ...

Chaos Beck

Jun 21, 2018
Visit site
GUYS I FOUND THE SOLUTION!

So i sum up all the problems regarding android system battery drain in s7 edge and after applying this settings i got my battery running normal again.solutions are as follows

1. Clear data from google services
2. Force stop chrome , facebook
3. Smart alert off
4. In oreo restrict background usage of android system
5. Check that your cell signal are not low
6. Wifi always turn on select never
7. Google backup off

I applied all those settings and in upcomming time i will check what was the give culprit

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaahza