S7 running Android 7.0 Dropping Wireless Connection

celtek

Dec 18, 2017
Visit site
Hi all,

I've been experiencing intermittent wireless signal connection issues. I'll be doing something, not looking at my phone and at times I will notice the exclamation (!) next to my WiFi icon. The WiFi icon will display that I have full signal but alas, it says something along the lines of "waiting for wireless signal to improve" ... this happens at home and at work, so I know it's not the wireless access points that are causing the issue. Like I said, this happens intermittently - it's not consistent.

What I have been doing to reconnect is simply turn wifi off, then back on again and my connection is reestablished. Not sure what could be causing this but it is kind of a hassle if I do happen to be using data on my phone and I notice that I'm using cellular data as opposed to wifi data, as I don't have an unlimited data plan.

If anyone has any tips or suggestions they would definitely be welcome. If any more info is needed, I'll be happy to provide that.

Thank you.

celtek

Dec 18, 2017
Visit site
Happened again just now, so it's happening with more frequency than I've seen.

"Ready to connect when network quality improves" with a Very strong(360Mbps) connection.

celtek

Dec 18, 2017
Visit site
Hey B. Diddy, thanks for the response. I thought I had some sort of notification enabled for this thread, but apparently not.

Anyways, I have not tested to see if it happens in safe mode, but I'll give that a try tonight.

I have no power saving modes turned on (ever) and have never installed any 3rd party battery saver applications.

celtek

Dec 18, 2017
Visit site
This is starting to happen more consistently. I wonder if there's a defect with the phone, perhaps I should bring it to one of my carriers locations?

Has anyone else experienced this kind of issue? It's sooo annoying! Seeing that exclamation next to my WiFi icon is getting to be obnoxious!