S7 Bluetooth not pairing to car since software update

Need_help

Dec 19, 2017
Visit site
I have a Galaxy S7, 10 months old, and found that the recent automatic software update, done only four days ago, has interrupted some pairing services.

First there is the car Bluetooth it will no longer connect with. I have tried reconnecting. I have uninstalled my phone from the car Bluetooth. And upon attempting to reinstall the car cannot find the phone.

Similarly there is a fitness program I use via laptop (zwift) and coinciding equipment (Wahoo kickr snap) that uses blue tooth + ant. A mobile app connects to that program. It has worked fine for a year. But since this update the phone mobile app will not connect with the fitness equipment and program.

Any recommendations on how to get these connection back or how to uninstall the recent software update? And thank you in advance.

I can post screenshots of phone info, but I don't see how to do that on this site....

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Also remove the devices on each end (the phone and the car radio, the phone and the laptop apps) then pair the phone with each one again before trying to connect to them. The Bluetooth profile may have changed enough that the phone isn't being recognized with the old connections.

Need_help

Dec 19, 2017
Visit site
The link you shared. It takes me to a Mobile safe mode directions and uninstalling apps.... is that what you meant to send? I don't have TMobile and I don't know what app I would uninstall. Forgive me but I'm confused.

Need_help

Dec 19, 2017
Visit site
@Rukbat I did unpair the phone from the car. When I tried to repair, now the phone 'can not be found'. no luck there.

I will try the laptop app tomorrow, I forgot that at work, and will let you know

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz