S7 Smoked while charging

ahhChu

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
So my year old S7 started to smoke while charging. Fortunately I was next to it and smelled it before it got worse.

So I called Samsung and they're willing to take it and attempt to to repair it even though it's out of warranty. If they can't fix it then they're keeping it and will discuss alternatives with me..

I'm making monthly payments on AT&T's Next plan and am a couple payments shy for the trade in. I'm wondering what Samsung's alternatives are or if it's better to pay maybe a hundred dollars to qualify for the trade in and get the S8. I'm thinking the phone can't be repaired and I'll be stuck paying off the S7 then having to start another payment plan.

Other than a minor burn inside the charging port the phone is in perfect condition.

anon(8453378)

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
I wouldn't be comfortable returning it, if it can't be repaired they will keep it and discuss alternatives. Basically, at that point you don't have options and have to accept their options. In theory they could just say that you caused the issue and have to pay whatever they charge for a repair. Maybe I'm just a pessimist.