Hello

I currently own the Google Pixel first generation and I hate it since they did the Oreo update on it. Was thinking of getting the Samsung Galaxy 7 phone. Would like to know everyone's opinion if this is a solid phone. Last thing I need is more phone problems. Thanks in advance!
    12-31-2017 07:23 AM
    Mine worked fine and is now my backup device.
    I'm hoping that when you say "solid", you don't mean the construction... They are all glass and not built for abuse
    12-31-2017 11:25 PM
    I am a cheapskate and waited to find something that came along second hand in my price range. I came across the s7 on our work bulletin board. The seller wanted $300 but I wasn't going to pay that. I eventually got it for $250. Best buy so far.
    Yes it is all glass, put it in a case and call it good. Battery life is pretty good and it charges quickly. Runs fast and smooth. I use adw2 for my launcher and I have all kinds of apps installed. I like the phone a lot, but I've not had a bunch. I moved from a note3 to the s7.
    I love the Internet calling since I'm in the boonies and the phone automatically uses my wifi network. HD calling is the bomb.
    01-01-2018 12:07 PM
    Just upgraded mine to the S7 from the S6edge. In my shirt time with it so far, I'd say it us definitely a solid phone. Call quality is good, screen clarity and colors are beautiful. Pretty quick internet browsing, fantastic rear and front cameras. Feels like a premium device in your hand, and the coating ob the glass gives it a glossy look. Of course with it being all glass besides the metal trim, you need to be careful or buy a good case. Water resistant up to 30 minutes and supposedly as deep as 5 feet, so accidental spills or dunks shouldn't harm it. If you do get the charge port wet and attempt to charge it, it will tell you to let it dry first. And it has expandable storeage up to 200GB microSD, but dies not support adaptive storeage where you can save all apps to the AD card. Some you can, others you can't. But if you are a big photo takwr, or music connisuer, microSD will definitely be a big benefit for you. Only knock is the sound on the speaker can sound rather tinny, especially at high volumes, and it can be prone to getting muffled by the palm of your hand. Battery life is decent, certainly much better than the s6. You can get 5 hours 20 minutes of screen on time and 15 hours total time before time to recharge if you ration your usage.

Definitely a solid phone imo.
    TNRonin likes this.
    01-01-2018 12:39 PM
    Good point on the speaker. It's plenty loud but crappy Fidelity.
    01-02-2018 09:20 AM
    Actually S series phones are really great. I love to use them. I have Samsung Galaxy S5. Going well so far.
    01-02-2018 11:16 AM
    I am a cheapskate and waited to find something that came along second hand in my price range. I came across the s7 on our work bulletin board. The seller wanted $300 but I wasn't going to pay that. I eventually got it for $250. Best buy so far.
    Yes it is all glass, put it in a case and call it good. Battery life is pretty good and it charges quickly. Runs fast and smooth. I use adw2 for my launcher and I have all kinds of apps installed. I like the phone a lot, but I've not had a bunch. I moved from a note3 to the s7.
    I love the Internet calling since I'm in the boonies and the phone automatically uses my wifi network. HD calling is the bomb.
    You are indeed a cheapskate
    01-02-2018 05:11 PM
    If the S7 also has Oreo, odds are you might end up not liking it either.
    01-02-2018 05:12 PM
    What's wrong with oreo? I've been waiting for it.
    01-02-2018 05:44 PM