I purchased a new Samsung Galaxy S7 last month from Verizon. I have been with Verizon for several years, but they are just getting too expensive for me. I have tried several 2ndary carriers, but the result was not great (dropped calls, background noise, missing texts, etc.) Mostly what I hear is that my specific phone is not compatible. It is an unlocked phone and says it is compatible with both GSM and Cdma radio technology. I know that Verizon uses Cdma. Does anyone know if there are any carriers (main or 2ndary) that this phone is compatible with and will offer good service.
    I live in Indiana.
    01-03-2018 11:21 AM
    All US carriers should be. Check with friends - you want a carrier that has a solid signal where you need signal (that means at your desk, not outside the building, unless you like running outside to make phone calls, all over your house where you want to be able to make calls (basement included if you want to use the phone there), etc. Choose the carrier that has the best signal in all the places you need signal. Then see if the carrier itself or one of its network operators (like Straight Talk, Consumer Cellular, Boost, etc.) is cheaper and has good customer service. (For instance, I'm with T-Mobile - none of their network operators has a cheaper plan for my needs than T-Mobile itself. And they cover wherever I am.)

It's not the phone, it's who covers where.
    01-03-2018 11:53 AM
    The main GSM carriers in the US are AT&T and T-Mobile. GSM is the standard used in most countries. Verizon and Sprint use CDMA. Samsung says the unlocked version of the S7 works with both GSM and CDMA carriers.
    01-04-2018 08:40 PM