Howdy,

When I connect my phone to my car's bluetooth (happens in multiple vehicles), it doesn't always connect properly. I have a tasker profile setup so that when I connect to my car's bluetooth, it launches Pandora and Waze. I've had it this way for years and never had a problem.

Lately what happens is when I turn on BT in my car the phone connects to it long enough for Tasker to kick off the task. Sometimes the bluetooth icon in my status bar gets the two dots to show it's connected and sometimes it doesn't. Either way, Pandora opens and will then start playing out of the phone speakers and Waze opens up.

If I open up the BT settings screen on my phone, sometimes it shows it's not connected to my car at all and sometimes it shows it's connected but only for Call Audio and not Media Audio.

In the first scenario, if I then manually select the BT item and choose connect, it generally connects and then reactivates the Tasker tasks as if it was just connecting for the first time.

In the second scenario, I have to tap the great and tap Media Audio a couple times for it to finally start playing through the car.

I tried adding a pause from when BT connects to when it launches the other apps in case that would help but it had no effect. Does anyone know what the heck might be going on with my phone?

Thanks!
    01-03-2018 12:29 PM