Lock screen secret update??? How to get rid of it??

Christopher Dowden

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
Recently my lock screen somehow changed and is now completely different than my original factory installed lock screen and I'm not sure how this happened. It shows adds, behaves in strange ways while trying to key/fingerprint in, etc. I can't seem to find anything overly suspicious in apps manager. Can anyone please help with this? I'm afraid of doing a full factory restore on the phone as I will lose all kinds of stuff (I think). Any thoughts/ideas greatly appreciated. It's driving me crazy!

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
That's definitely an app. Have you installed anything lately? Or some apps like File Managers and stuff started implementing that as a 'power monitor' option. Only way to disable that is to either uninstall the culprit app or disable the lockscreen replacement in the app's settings.

Christopher Dowden

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
Does this look familiar to anyone? No idea what app is causing this. Is there a way to list installed apps in chronological order so I can further investigate? Thanks.

Screenshot_20180108-112505.jpg

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I was gonna suggest that haha but glad you found it! I hate that Android even allows this, that's a s****y move, allowing ads on the lockscreen. But hey, at least it's something you can easily toggle off.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca