Has anyone found real deal glass screen protector with the proper bevels?

turbochgd

Oct 18, 2016
Visit site
I put this one on a few days ago and have been very impressed. it's a full screen design and went on easier than any screen protector I've ever installed.

Amazon: am-film full screen coverage tempered glass screen protector.

TNRonin

Oct 27, 2017
Visit site
I can tell to stay away from gadget po, their protector is not 3d and I'm working on a refund from them now via PayPal.

jberenyi

Jan 14, 2018
Visit site
I never thought it would be so hard to find a nice 3D tempered glass screen protector like we are all used to having with the older model Samsung's. Reviews are very mixed and nothing out there makes you feel confident before purchasing. Would love to see more comments from people.

tuckertje01

Sep 15, 2015
Visit site
I never thought it would be so hard to find a nice 3D tempered glass screen protector like we are all used to having with the older model Samsung's. Reviews are very mixed and nothing out there makes you feel confident before purchasing. Would love to see more comments from people.
Here in The Netherlands we use ClearPlex screen protectors on curved screens. It is a clear thin plastic-like protector which the stores can put on for you. It is put on wet and the first day it really looks like a bad plastic foil, but the next day it is invisible and hard like glass, you don't even notice it is there at all. So far it proved good protection against scratches and can be used with any case without coming off. They're supposed to take the blow when falling and then crack instead of the screen. Whether or not it actually does that I'll never hope to find out...

saheeb21

Mar 18, 2018
Visit site
I HEARTILY agree with turbochgd's recommendation of the amFilm tempered glass full screen protector. And I am very picky. The link turbochgd posted goes to the exact model I ordered. If you want to check, I am Verified Purchaser on Amazon. I spent many hours doing research and MONTHS looking for a decent glass screen protector for the five S7's I got for myself and my family. I tried over 7-8 different glass screen protectors from Amazon, and none of them worked very well. Some of the "full screen" glass protectors that went all the way to the screen edge either did not adhere properly or immediately cracked when I put on my Speck Candyshell Grip case or the UAG cases I got for the family phones. I finally and reluctantly went with a flat glass protector, which covered the entire visible screen but was not curved, so it left a 1/4 inch "ghosted" band around the perimeter of the protector.

At long last, I came across the amFilm model. I have put on many glass screen protectors in the past, and the amFilm was a breeze to apply. It is FULL screen protection and adheres very well. From what I can tell, it has excellent adhesion along the edges and a unique dot matrix pattern that helps it adhere to the rest of the screen. Once properly applied, it sticks completely flat to the entire face of the S7. The dot matrix pattern either disappears or is not visible when the screen is on. And it works with both the Speck Candyshell Grip and the UAG cases. Touch sensitivity does not seem to be affected at all.

Someone mentioned above that they had a halo in the center. I have applied 5 of these and only got a halo one time, which was actually my fault. I accidentally missed a speck of dust on the screen before I put on the protector, so I had to pull it off and try again. Then a speck of dust landed on the sticky side of the same protector, so I had to pull it off once again! Needless the say, it did not stick very well the third time, so I had to trash it and apply a new one, which worked perfectly. So now I have a system for applying these protectors. I clean the entire screen very carefully, especially around the edges, using the provided wet cleaning wipes. Then I dry and clean the screen with a microfiber cloth. THEN, and very importantly, I cover the phone with a clean microfiber cloth to prevent any dust particles from settling on the screen. I take the protective film off of the screen protector, making sure to hold it with the sticky side face down so no dust particles can settle on it. Then I slide off the microfiber cloth, check again for dust particles, and immediately put on the glass screen protector. Voila! Perfect application.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy