So abit of a back story to all of it. I have been receiving a moisture in charging port for a day out of nowhere (Note after not having it near water). Cleaned it out, still no luck, compressed air, no luck still. Eventually I just stuck it in rice and it started to charge after a night, although with the odd moisture in charging port error; all was well until I went to sleep.

Woke up to a "Downloading, Do not turn off target" Panicked, turned the phone off. Eventually tried everything and followed steps to reenter the "Downloading screen" and restarted accordingly to which the device turned on; only to find 0% battery. Another mention is the phone had been on charge and WAS CHARGING all night.

Now the phone was flashing red (notification) whilst the charger was in, with only the battery with the lightning bolt displayed. This only happens when connected. Upon starting the phone which ive successfully conducted twice, it starts fine but the 0% causes it to turn off and go back to the death screen. I would hate to think it was the battery as that is a lengthy process and id prefer not to break the seal.

I have a strange feeling its a software issue - that or degraded components.

Any ideas or help would be much appreciate - apologies about the story; thought I would cover all the bases rather than being nit picked with questions.
    01-22-2018 05:20 PM
    Have you tried wireless charging and see if it will take charge that way?
    01-22-2018 05:22 PM
    Have you tried wireless charging and see if it will take charge that way?
    I am yet to try a wireless charger but it seems on the horizon. Mostly because I wanted to keep my fast charge capabilities.
    01-22-2018 05:23 PM
    S7 is fast wireless charging capable, it won't be quite as fast as an adaptive fast wall charger, but it's still faster than previous iterations of wireless charging. I'm willing to bet there is a problem with the port, and wireless charging should do the trick. My wireless fast charger was $70 at the time, but I think they've fallen to $30 or $40 now. I bet ya it'll take a charge through the wireless conductor. I bought my wireless charger last year for my s6 simply because trying to charge it in the port it wouldn't even try to charge. So I got the idea to try wireless, and it worked. I bet it will for you too.
    01-22-2018 05:29 PM
    S7 is fast wireless charging capable, it won't be quite as fast as an adaptive fast wall charger, but it's still faster than previous iterations of wireless charging. I'm willing to bet there is a problem with the port, and wireless charging should do the trick. My wireless fast charger was $70 at the time, but I think they've fallen to $30 or $40 now. I bet ya it'll take a charge through the wireless conductor. I bought my wireless charger last year for my s6 simply because trying to charge it in the port it wouldn't even try to charge. So I got the idea to try wireless, and it worked. I bet it will for you too.

I'll definitely have to give it a go as it seems like my only option as this stage. Currently waiting for the phone to go completely dead and settle down for a bit and ill give it another charge attempt, seems extremely temperamental atm. Thank you very much for your feedback
    01-22-2018 05:34 PM
    You're welcome. Hopefully that will solve the issue .
    01-22-2018 06:44 PM
    Took it into a phone repair shop, tried a wireless charger; no go. Repair guy said it was a software error by the sounds of things, finally worked up the courage to take it back into where I bought it from and the bloody thing as I walked out the door started charging, unsure if I should take it in regardless.
    01-23-2018 06:02 PM
    Yeah I'd take it in regardless.
    01-24-2018 07:40 PM