Preowned S7

v1ru5879

Sep 2, 2015
Visit site
I am considering getting a couple of preowned S7's off swappa for my wife and I. Is there any reason I shouldn't go with some preowned? We are in dire need of an upgrade, she has the S4 and I have the S5. I was only a bit concerned with the battery life since it is not a user replaceable battery. Would like some input

TNRonin

Oct 27, 2017
Visit site
I bought preowned and have no regrets. Tho I had access to the owner if there was any issue. I'd look at how long the previous owner had them, but anything electronic is a little bit of a gamble. Get the square trade insurance and th a t will help.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I'd say go for it! If the seller has a reputable rating and you can still stay in touch if something goes wrong, then there is much less risk. Let us know what you decide!

v1ru5879

Sep 2, 2015
Visit site
I will keep you posted, I am hoping to find 2 phones for $400 or close to that. Lets see what I can find out there, I know I had a hard time getting my S5 after negotiating price people would snipe it from me

v1ru5879

Sep 2, 2015
Visit site
That's how my S5 was I got my wife her S4 with a lot of extras also. I should be making a purchase here in the next month so maybe as we get closer to the S9 the prices will drop some. Unless anyone knows some members on here that are willing to part ways with Verizon S7s I am in the market for two

I_didnt_do_it

Apr 26, 2017
Visit site
If the seller has a good rating, and has ample photos and a good summary of the device (ie, detail of any scratches, cracks, previous dips in water, drops, length of use, etc) then go for it. As for the battery concerns, it has a 3000 maH battery that can get you through the day on one charge before having to charge again. Some phones have batteries now that are much more capacity than that, but it does support fast charging, which can get ya from 0 to 50% in roughly 30 minutes, and zero to full in ~ 1hr 25min. Also can charge wirelessly and supports wireless fast charge. Wireless fast charge isn t quite as fast as adaptive fast charge through the cable and power brick, but it still charges at a good rate. Good backup plan in case the usb port were to fail for any reason.

With moderate usage today, I got 19 hours before plugging in, and I still had 20% then. Over 5 hrs screen on time, which is good. So I think battery life won't be a problem for you. And coming from an s4 and s5, it's definitely worth the upgrade, and the difference will be quite noticeable. Does support microSD up to 200GB. So while the 32 GB internal storeage may seem paltry, that external storeage support can significantly expand your room for photos, media, etc. If those phones are in good condition, you are getting a good buy.

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
Yes, be sure the previous owner has signed out of all accounts associated with the device!
With the battery, they are not that expensive and if you had to replace it, you then have a top smartphone! They are a quantum leap from your current devices...

v1ru5879

Sep 2, 2015
Visit site
Finally got some off SWAPPA awesome devices! Unfortunately I got mine from a wholesaler and the menu key keeps thinking its being pressed. Sending it back and already have another waiting for me at home. Got the spigen case and I like it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21