Hi,

I have a Galaxy S7 phone. I just bought a VW Gold Sportwagen car. My phone syncs with my car, no problem. However, when I lookup my contacts on my car's display, I only see my business contacts (the one with my Exchange account). My personnal contacts (in Gmail) don't show up in my car even though they are on my phone.

What can I do to see all my contacts on my car's display?

Thanks,
    02-01-2018 03:00 PM
    Open your Contacts app, tap Menu>Customize>Customize, and instead of All Contacts, see what happens if you select the groups you want to see. I used to see this with my previous car.
    02-01-2018 05:08 PM
    Hi,

Thanks for your answer and your help.

Indeed, I created a special list which includes all the contacts of my phone and every account on my phone (so basically, the same contacts that show up under "All contacts". However, by doing so and selecting this personalized list to show up in my contavt app, now all my contacts are synced via bluetooth to my car and they appear on my car display. Therefore, problem solved!

I'm curious though, why does it work like this?

Thanks,

Blaccko
    B. Diddy likes this.
    02-06-2018 07:01 AM
    Glad it worked! I wish I knew why that happens -- it's presumably a bug related to Bluetooth contact sharing, but it only happens with certain systems, since I haven't seen it happen with all cars. Send Google some feedback about it from within the phone's Settings>Help & Feedback​ menu.
    02-06-2018 09:53 AM
    Thank you!
    B. Diddy likes this.
    02-06-2018 10:05 AM