S7 stuck in software update did a soft reset and it just go's back to being frozen and now now its come up with a blue screen saying push up for a custom os or down to cancel and rest phone if i push down will i lose everything on my phone
    02-21-2018 03:35 AM
    Welcome to the forums. It should restart the phone. However, since the phone dies during an OS update, you may need to reflash the stock ROM, which will wipe the device.
    02-21-2018 09:25 AM
    Were you running a custom OS? If you were and the phone did an update on that, the update is probably bad. (I haven't heard of Lineage having that problem, but many custom ROMs I've tried from XDA developers went through stages like that.)

If it's the stock ROM, what you do depends on your carrier. (Some have their own repair shops and will reflash a ROM as long as you're willing to wait until they finish helping everyone who came in before you [and have a book to read while they're flashing the ROM for you - they may even be able to reflash just the update, saving all your data].
    Others wouldn't know the difference between "flashing a ROM" and "flashing a thigh".)

If it's the stock S7 ROM. and you didn't root it (updating a rooted ROM can hard-brick a phone), flashing a stock Samsung ROM is almost the definition of trivial. Read [Samsung] How to flash Stock ROM via ODIN.

There are only 2 things that may be "problems".

1. You'll revert the phone to an "out of the box" state, so any documents, pictures, music, etc., and all the apps you've installed, will be gone. If you don't have backups, you're going to lose things.

2. Unless you have something to do for about 15 minutes, you're going to die of boredom, watching the LED flash blue. It takes anywhere from 5 to 15 minutes for a newly-flashed ROM to set up, so I usually watch a one hour TV show once I've done the minute or two of actual work that's needed. Watching grass grow is more exciting than watching a phone do nothing.

And if you do go this route, make sure you get the correct file for your model S7, for your country and for your carrier. (SamMobile is working for non-premium members again [I just checked, and could get a download (killed it once it began, of course)], so just create an account, start the download, then go do something else.)
    02-21-2018 01:41 PM