I'm using a Samsung branded wireless charger with my S7. It usually works great. However, sometimes I'll put the phone on the stand, the blue charger light will illuminate, the phone screen will display the expanding circle with the charge level in the center, and the battery icon in the status bar will show the "lighting bolt" inside, all indicating that charging has commenced - but 30 minutes later, the phone has not only NOT charged, but has lost a percent or two. So far, rebooting the phone fixes the problem. But when I've put it on the stand to recharge overnight, and then wake up the next morning with a dead phone, it makes starting the day a bit more difficult. Has anyone else experienced this problem?
    03-01-2018 08:24 AM
    You don't have a case on, do you?
    03-01-2018 10:21 AM
    I do -- a thin plastic one. But it doesn't appear to hinder the charging the other 99 times out of 100 that I use the charger.
    03-01-2018 03:22 PM
    Are you getting enough output from your adapter and outlet? is your cable in good shape? I have found with instances of phones losing charge while on a wireless pad/stand, or tethered to a cable, it was often because there wasn't sufficient output from the electrical source to charge the phone, so therefore while the charging indicator may have been on, but it wasn't charging due to insufficient output from the outlet.
    03-01-2018 03:53 PM